Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Friday, August 21, 2015

Perfect Pasta Every Time

Raise your hand if you have boiled a pot of pasta and had it run over and make a huge mess all of the stove? Me me me!  They say a watched pot never boils. Well, a non-watched pot of pasta . . . boils over. Ha ha ha! I don't like watching and stirring a pot for 8-10 minutes, which is what the pasta box directions suggests for cooking it. I prefer to use the method that my parents always used.

At this point I could go on and on about my childhood memories of eating spaghetti around the kitchen table with my family, and how crunchy and delicious the garlic bread was that we ate with it. I could reminisce about macaroni and cheese made with Velveeta, or garden fusilli that combined with Italian dressing and veggies to make some really yummy pasta salad. But, since one of my number one goals right now is to simplify, I will just tell you how to make Perfect Pasta . . . Every . . . Time . . .using one simple method. Every . . . Time!

Perfect Pasta
1) Fill  a large pot 2/3 full of water, or enough to cover pasta amount you are trying to cook
2) Add 1 tsp. of salt to water
3) Add 1 TB of olive oil to water
4) Bring the water to a boil.
5) Add pasta to the water and cook for 2 minutes uncovered
6) Remove the pot from heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
7) Drain the water from the pot and enjoy your perfectly cooked pasta!

P.S. This same method (minus salt/olive oil) works to cook perfect boiled eggs, too . . . Every . . . Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment