Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Prayer Journaling for Students

Have you ever prayed Scripture? I recently tried it and loved it! What a blessing!  I have been reading Psalm for my devotional time, and found so many verses that were the cry of my heart. I prayed those verses in a way that was personal and that experience has really touched my heart deeply. Try it, I think you will be blessed.

Speaking of praying Scripture, I found this wonderful list of verses to pray for students. I decided to pray these over my little soon-to-be kindergartner. Maybe you would like to pray them over your children too. Here is the graphic, and below it are the verses for you to begin praying the Scriptures specifically for your kids. They are from the New King James Version of the Bible.



Attitude: Psalm 19:14 -- "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."

Boldness: Psalm 27:1 -- "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"

Courage: John 1:9 -- "That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world."

Discernment: Philippians 1:4-10 -- ". . . always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ . . ."

Enthusiasm: Colossians 3:23 -- "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men . . ."

Friendliness: Proverbs 18:24 -- "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

Generosity: 2 Corinthians 9:7 -- "So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver."

Humility: Philippians 2:3-5 -- "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."

Initiative: 1 John 3:18 -- "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth."

Joyfulness: Philippians 4:4 -- "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"

Knowledge: Proverbs 18:5 -- "It is not good to show partiality to the wicked, or to overthrow the righteous in judgment."

Listening: Proverbs 12:15 -- "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise."

Maturity: 1 Corinthians 14:20 -- "Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature."

Neighbors: Mark 12:31 -- "And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these."

Overflow: Romans 15:13 -- "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Perseverance: Galatians 6:9 -- "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."

Quiet: Proverbs 29:11 -- "A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back."

Respect: Romans 12:10 -- "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another . . ."

Self-control: 2 Peter 1:5-7 -- "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,  to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love."

Thankfulness: I Chronicles 16:34 -- "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."

Understanding: Psalm 119:130 --  "The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple."

Victory: Psalm 18:29 -- "For by You I can run against a troop, by my God I can leap over a wall."

Wisdom: James 3:17 -- "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy."

Excellence: Proverbs 3:9 -- "Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the first fruits of all your increase . . ."

Youthfulness: 1 Timothy 4:12 -- "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

Zeal: Romans 12:11 -- ". . . [do] not [be] lagging in diligence, [but be] fervent in spirit, serving the Lord . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment