Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Thursday, August 6, 2015

TBT: Pacific Coast Highway 1

Today's throw back Thursday (TBT) is one of my favorites! We went to California for vacation in 2009, and had so much fun! I was pregnant with Isaac at the time, and so excited! Here are some of our favorite photos from our drive up the Pacific Coast Highway.
I fell in love with whisky barrels at this road side farmer's market along HWY 1! These are great for creating interest in the yard, or like they did here with a water garden inside. You could add a glass top and have a cool table. Hmmmm . . .

The road side farmer's market also had the most gorgeous dahlias! Wow!  We loved these so much, that we planted them in our back yard when we got back home. They grew just like this only a little smaller!
These were the size of a large dinner plate! Amazing! 


Whiskey barrel turned into a water garden. Beautiful idea!
Whiskey barrel as yard decor and plant stand. Interesting . . .

Elephant Seals on the beach near San Simeon, California, on the west side of HWY 1
Jason, my love, and me with the Elephant Seals and gorgeous Pacific Ocean! 

I love the sun reflecting on the water here! That's my honey, Jason, looking for whales! We saw lots of mist coming up from whales in the distance who were breaching and blowing air from their blow hole. 

Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park along HWY 1


The Pacific Ocean is beautiful, and look at those surfers! The closest I've ever come to surfing is body boarding in 3 foot waves at Myrtle Beach when I was 10 years old. Ha ha ha! It looks fun, but standing up looks pretty difficult!
Hard to believe these pictures were from before little Isaac . . . well, actually he was there, just in utero.  

No comments:

Post a Comment