Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Summer's Last Gasp . . . Let's have Pina Colada!

I have been informed by google that tomorrow is the start of Fall! Yay! . . . Except I live in the subtropics where it will not feel like fall for at least another two months, and it should also be noted that it will not look like Fall until late December or even January. We do not have very much change of color in the leaves around here. 

There are some benefits to warm weather, however, like lots and lots of flowers that bloom virtually all year. Everything stays fresh and green for most of the year, depending on how much rain we get. The wildlife enjoy less harsh conditions for their survival. We will still see the green anoles, geckos, toads, and frogs scampering and flopping around our property for another month or more. Birds and squirrels will chirp and chatter at the sight of our outdoor kitty, Midnight. We will probably get another round of figs ripening on our backyard tree, too. It will also soon be time to plant another season of vegetables in our garden. Mild temperatures are nice. 

Fall colors are nice too. But I digress.

So, to celebrate or at least commemorate the ending of summer. I am sharing a simple Pina Colada recipe with you. This amazing . . . AMAZING . . . drink has been our absolute favorite cool off and chill beverage throughout this very hot summer!!  It is so wonderful and so easy! I love easy and I love wonderful, don't you!? I must add . . . this is virgin, because we don't drink alcohol. I would recommend trying it as soon as possible!  
Virgin Pina Colada
6 oz. Pineapple Juice
6 oz. Coco Real Cream of Coconut (NOT coconut milk)
2-3 cups of ice
Blend in your blender until slushy. Enjoy!

This is cream of coconut, and it is so so so so so so Yummy!!


 I hope you have a fantastic Fall y'all!  I think I will welcome Fall with a Pina Colada tomorrow! After all it is supposed to be 91 degrees!

Disclaimer: This is not my original recipe. It is from the Coco Real Cream of Coconut bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment