Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Favorite Things at Christmas! Part 2

Here are a few more of my favorite things at Christmas!! I love our three snowmen in our front yard. They are so cheerful and even accurately represent the three in our little family!  
 I also love putting a wreath on our front door. This year I made a new wreath! I am so happy with how it turned out! I simply took a Styrofoam wreath, used a hot glue gun to attach ornaments of medium and small size, and wrapped ribbon around the top half. It was a fun project!

 And, probably one of the absolute best things about Christmas time is all the beautifully decorated homes!  We went out driving the other night to see what neighborhoods nearby had on display!
 I love the polar bear and penguins sliding!  So cute!  My favorite things to see in people's yards are the unique decorations. Anyone can set up a Santa, snowflake, or a star or something like that, but things like this and the Mr. Potato Head at the bottom are so fun to see!
 I really liked the simplicity of this set up. White lights and a white sillouette nativity. Very classy!
 This giant snow man was great!  You can't tell from the photo, but he was HUGE!
 This set up was my absolute favorite of the night. They had an animated "video" projected onto the window above their front door. It showed Santa walking around setting gifts out and waving. It was SO cool!  And yes, you "had to be there" to get the full effect!!  It was pretty cool to see all the red and green lights and Santa in the front yard, too. But that video in the window was SUPER cool!
This display produces "snow" in their yard. The snow cascades from a machine in a tree and accumulates in the yard.  It is AMAZING!!  They do a fabulous job decorating!!  We first discovered this home last year, and decided to visit it again this year!  Very cool! 

If you look at the left side of this picture you can see the snow falling onto their yard! It is very pretty!
 This house had a great star over the front door. Very pretty!

 I loved the palm trees! This looks very typical of the subtropics we live in around here! Christmas is usually welcomed in shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops!!
 I liked the simple decorations here, and the word "Believe". Very nice!
 Here is a unique one!  I love Mr. Potato Head!  I wonder where Mrs. Potato Head is?

I am looking forward to seeing more holiday lights this year! It is still a little more than a week until Christmas, so plenty of time to enjoy our favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment