Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Christmas Memories: Amicalola Falls

We had such a wonderful time during our road trip from Texas to Kentucky during the Christmas holidays, that I just have to share the photos! At this point, they are simply memories being shared on our blog! I have got to make a better plan to keep up with our blog so that our posts are always current. I'm sure that would be easier for me and more fun to read!

So, while we were traveling to Kentucky to visit my parents, we spent a couple of days enjoying some family time. Jason had the whole thing planned as a totally secret surprise! I had no idea where we would be staying for our special family time along the way. My friend kept trying to guess, and I had a few ideas of what I thought the surprise might be. We were all totally wrong. He was so good at keeping it all a secret! It was fun when we found out that we would be staying at Amicalola Falls Lodge!! This place was really really nice and the falls and surrounding area was so beautiful! It was so relaxing to have that time together. We walked around the lodge, ate delicious breakfasts there, and hiked up and down the falls.

This incredible view was so peaceful and helped make our stay at Amicalola Falls Lodge so relaxing! 


 Amicalola Falls from the top! It is 729 feet tall and is the tallest cascading water fall in the Southeast US region.




 After the gorgeous views of the falls, we had hundreds . . . HUNDREDS . . . of stairs to climb to get back up!




The Amicalola Falls Lodge lobby area was so gorgeous! I really enjoyed the crackling fire and the huge, beautiful Christmas tree! 


Here's little man relaxing on the patio outside our lodeg room door! The view was really incredible too!
 Isaac with the giant teddy bear in the Lodge lobby! So cute!  I loved this spot! Talk about a bear hug!
 We got a stuffed snake for Isaac from the Lodge gift shop... they were inseparable!
 There was a huge pile of leaves near the Lodge and Isaac and Jason decided to jump in it and have some fun!









There was an amazing replica of the Amicalola Falls Lodge made out of Rice Krispies and other sweet accents! It was huge, too! That was the most elaborate "gingerbread house" I have ever seen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment