Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Proverbs: Lessons Learned: Proverbs 1














It was December 2015 when I spent some time each day reading through the 31 Proverbs. It was a journey of discovering a daily dose of wisdom found in each of the 31 chapters in Proverbs. It would be easy to assume that Solomon knew that he was writing a "daily devotional" for one month when he wrote these 31 Proverbs, but maybe that is just how it ended up when they translated it all from the original Hebrew manuscripts. We could all benefit from reading one Proverbs each day, because the wisdom found in that book is profound and life-changing! It was a blessing for me to share each chapter with you on each day of December. Did you get to read along with me? I have the links posted for each day if you want to take the journey one day at a time, just click on each link for each day.

I wrote down a few lessons I learned from each chapter of Proverbs, and a few of the verses that were extra meaningful to me. Here are the verses that really spoke to me in a special way from Proverbs 1.

Proverbs 1:3 ~ "Through these proverbs, people will receive instruction in discipline, good conduct, and doing what is right, just, and fair."

Proverbs 1:7 ~ "Respecting, honoring, and showing love (fear) for the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline.

Proverbs 1:22b, 23 ~ "How long will you fools fight the facts? Come here and listen to me! I'll pour out the Spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise.

Proverbs 1:33 ~ But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment