Bluebonnet country

Bluebonnet country

Thursday, March 31, 2016

A year of . . .

It is 2016 . . . at this point is has been for three months. Towards the end of 2015, as I reflected on the new year, I wanted to think of a general theme to identify some kind of overarching goal I have for the upcoming 12 months. In 2015, I was convicted to focus on being more present and doing actions based on priorities and on purpose. That went fairly well, although I think I had some challenges with  finding too many things in the priority category and perhaps saying "yes" to too many things that lined up with my purpose. Being overwhelmed does not help increase success. You might be doing something that is a priority for you, but if you try to also do five other things to fulfill your purpose at the same time that makes everything lose momentum and become rushed and less effective. I want to use my talents to glorify God, the Creator of everything and the One who saves me from my sins, and be like Jesus, who was a living example of love, care, and grace. I improved throughout 2015 in the areas of purpose and priorities, and overall I think I learned to better recognize what is really important to me and how to say "no" to some things while keeping time available to fulfill the important things. I have a long way to go overall too, however, but with prayer and seeking wisdom from God's Word, I hope to increase my ability to live with purpose and putting time, resources, talents, and energy into priorities instead of letting all the nitty gritty small stuff distract me or suck my time and energy away.

Enough of a recap on 2015, I have the theme of completion, following through, and earning victory or success in mind for 2016. I want to complete things I started but got distracted away from. I want to follow through with the things I am starting now so they don't end up "half done" like some projects from the past. I want to find victory in small and big things in life by following this theme concept --completing what I start. So far I have seen small improvements in this area of my life, but I have a lot more to complete before the year is over.

  "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1, 2 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment